It is always good to continually enrich and develop yourself whether it be by reading, webinars, tweets, blogs, conferences, etc.… Recently I have participated in several webinars on blogging. I started to wonder from these webinars what is the best approach, did I do it correct, could I do it better? It was good to realize many of my tactics were correct, my content was relevant and the information I was sharing in my blogs was giving my readers my expert perspective and approach to that subject matter. I did get from the webinars several pieces of knowledge that I didn’t have before.
Here is my gift to you to start your new year of the right way. The top 12 timely tips for blogging better in 2011 and beyond.
As stated by Hub Spot’s survey, companies/organizations that blog have far better marketing results. Specifically, the average company/person that blogs has:
- 55% more visitors
- 97% more inbound links
- 434% more indexed pages
Why are website visitors important? Because more visitors mean more people to convert to leads and sales. Better imaging of your brand.
Why are inbound links important? Because they signal authority and expertise to search engines, thus increasing your chances of getting found in those search engines.
Why are indexed pages important? The better chances of being found in a search engine.
- Step it up notch so your blog has a differential via your content, news worthy information, top world topics: newsy items, health related items, health trends, timely comments.
- Drive more traffic to blogs and increase your SEO by guest posting and have guest posting on your blog. Think writer bylines. A byline on a newspaper or magazine article gives the name, and often the position, of the writer of the article. Hyperlink the person’s name to their website or blog site.
- Talk about you. Make it personal and your style. Talk as yourself. Your personality.
- Fell free to retweet your friends. Make it easy to retweet by having sharing buttons.
- Have significance in your content to the industry you want to relate too.
- Develop a niche. Don’t be all things to all people.
- Include these key buzz words when appropriate when writing your blogs: insights, analysis, advice, review, why this product, top, best.
- Always have call to action for comments
- Be engaging and exciting. Bring value to your blog.
- Spelling and grammar matters
- Publish your blog on a consistent basis. You decide what that will be and try to stick to that time frame(this has been something I always tell my clients but sometimes it is hard to stick to with this as other deadlines crop up.)
- Publish your blog early in the morning.
Won’t you share with me your blogging tip that has given you the most success?