Do you have an employee that is a Debbie Downer or an eeyore? You know the type. You ask them how they are, they state in a monotone, and drab voice, how could I be. So much work. So little time.
Are you frustrated? Looking to reach for pink slip as you think that will change the culture. Not always the answer.
Transform your eeyore or Debbie downer into a corporate culture cheerleader.
Here are a few steps to help you change their work personal culture to a wow. Maybe even getting someone to have a bounce in his or her step, work, and voice. The TIGGER attitude.
1. Happiness is contagious and therefore a culture of kindness and happiness is contagious. Are you transmitting this feeling to others in your actions, in your verbal and non verbal communications.
2. Pair people to work together. With collaboration, it can stimulate a change in someone’s attitude for better
3. Show concern, compassion
4. Be focused on employees-mindful of their attitude change.
5. Ask questions and listen to the answers. Be in the moment. Engage
6. Feedback. Three positive statements for every negative one in order to feel safe. Feel the love. Try tactic for improvement on their work abilities with kindness and reframe so they have a reference point that resonates with their background.
7. Engage in mindfulness training/coaching for your group-mediation, cleansing breathes, and more
It can pay off in reducing employee turnover later on, save labor $$ and help employees grow, and self discovery.
How have you changed corporate culture killers in your organization? Share the story.