Driving you crazy to build your brand!
Here are some of my tips to use as a checklist to align yourself with driving your brand (organization, business or personal brand). But, before you can be successful on digital media platforms you need to:
- know your brand? What does your brand stand for? Who are your main competitors?
- what separates you from your competitors? What makes you unique (or what will make you unique when you launch)? Who is your target customer (or projected target if you’re just launching now)? Differential? what motivates them, what keeps them up at night, why they need a product or service like yours, etc.
- in terms of branding/messaging, what do you like or dislike about your competitors?
- if you only had one key sentence to summarize what your company does and what sets it apart, what would you say?
- then make sure your team knows these messages and are able to communicate clearly these thoughts.
- pay attention to digital platforms that are where your customers play and it may be outside your comfort zone 😊. Start to observe, read, follow and see the interaction. Then get started.
- use your platforms to show engaging video with live subjects (not solely AI, equipment or food but in concert with live subjects)
- it’s okay to put calendar dates out there where you’’ be but complement it with an action for the reader to engage with you.
- social media posts should alternate content between promotional and relevant content for your audience
- promote your posts an action to bring people to your website and further engagement (inward bound marketing, sales opportunities)
People relate to similar backgrounds, values, and/or profession so why wouldn’t you align your marketing with that point?
The Three Rs of digital marketing, resonance, relatability, and relevance.